Breaking: The Red Bull coach has finally agreed to take on the five best players. Of particular interest is the two-week punishment…..
According to rumours, Red Bull has suspended a female employee who accused team principal Christian Horner of acting inappropriately
Ahead of the second race of the Formula One season, controversy is still raging at Red Bull
Multiple sources state that Red Bull has suspended the female employee who accused Christian Horner, the principal of the F1 team, of inappropriate behaviour
Before this weekend’s Saudi Arabia Grand Prix, Horner told media in Jeddah that he was unable to discuss the rumoured ban because of “confidentiality restrictions
“He doesn’t lie,” Max Verstappen stands up for his vocal father in the face of the Christian Horner scandal
A Red Bull representative told CNN that they were “unable to comment on this internal matter” when approached
Following Horner’s alleged inappropriate behaviour towards an unidentified member of the racing team, Red Bull initiated an independent inquiry in February
when being found not guilty last week, Horner went on to refute the accusations made against him when it was discovered that he had leaked texts that were shared around the Formula One community via a Google Drive
Red Bull stated that commenting on the situation would be “inappropriate,” and CNN has not been able to verify their veracity
The truth is that a grievance was brought up, and it was handled by the group—not Red Bull Racing, but rather Red Bull GMBH’s owners—in the most expert way possible
They did this by appointing an independent KC, which is one of the
ngaging in inappropriate behavior towards a member of the racing team, who has not been identified
Horner was cleared of wrongdoing last week and later reiterated that he denied
“He looked at everything, he had all of the facts, and he came to a conclusion where he dismissed the grievance. As far as I’m concerned, as far as Red Bull is concerned, we move on
‘Focus is very much on the future’
Media speculation that three-time F1 world champion Max Verstappen could leave Red Bull Racing has arisen, after his father Jos Verstappen called for Horner’s sacking following the allegations
Max Verstappen later defended his outspoken father for speaking out
“I’m obviously aware of the comments that were made,” Horner said
“There was a comment, there was a discussion subsequent to the race and I think everybody’s focus is very much on the future
Horner and Jos Verstappen in the paddock prior to practice ahead of the Bahrain Grand Prix on February 29
Horner added that he expects Verstappen will see out his contract with the team through 2028
”I’m certain that he will (see out his contract),” Horner said
“He’s got a great team around him, He’s got great faith in that team. And we’ve achieved an awful lot together, so he’s committed to an agreement until 2028
“From a team side, from Max’s side, we’re determined to build on the success that we’ve achieved already and those 55 victories have all come in Red Bull cars
The controversy around Horner has stolen almost all the headlines as the new season rolls onto its second race weekend
Zak Brown, McLaren Racing’s chief executive, told CNN’s Amanda Davies that it was “very unfortunate” the saga was continuing and said more “transparency” is needed in the process in order for people to be satisfied with the outcome
Admitting it was hard to comment directly on the Horner case, given he doesn’t know the full details, Brown said McLaren would have suspended the individual while they were under investigation if something similar had happened in their team
He also said the sport’s governing body, the FIA, needs to be sure the matter is handled appropriately in order to not damage the reputation of the sport
“I do think this is an isolated incident involving one team, a couple individuals, and so I think we need to see it as that, as opposed to a wider issue with Formula 1,” Brown said.